Saturday, October 4, 2008

October Forecast

Quote of the Day
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants."
-A. Whitney Brown

well looks like the economy is going to bounce back somewhat with this bill being passed, and barack's lead is starting to widen. so all is good in the world again......for now. i dont think the average person really understood what this country faced if the "bailout" or "rescue plan" didn't pass. the ramifications weren't explained well enough by politicians, or the media. im not going to get much into it, because id go on for way too long.

all i can really say is i hope people are aware of what is going on. in an election year, with two candidates who differ on so many levels, i hope people can look at their views and policies and make an informed decision come november.

back to poker...
i finished september up a whopping $345 in my HU games. i dont mind it though. i didn't put in a lot of time. im hoping to play about 650 games in october. that really isn't much, but considering the last two months combined, i've played less than 600 games total, its a respectable goal. i stopped making monthly profit goals. i used to either a) reach the profit goal, and get complacent the rest of the month or b) didn't reach it, and while i was playing, i put so much unnecessary pressure on myself, making some games more important than others, which shouldn't be the case.

after doing this full time for 2 and a half years, i have come to realize, individual games aren't important. this game is about quantity, opponent selection, and who can stay mentally strong during the difficult times. who is going to be able to keep playing...and playing well when they lose 9 of 10. the days i know that im at my best aren't necessarily days that i win. it comes on those days where i put in a long session, lose 4,000...but not even realize it, and am able to smile at the end of the day.

5 comments:

endgamep said...

yeah, I don't believe in monthly goals eather, its too much luck in this game for doing that. I like yearly goals though.

bpmst2 said...

i think that's a sign of a very mature player. Its one of the hardest things to do - play well, lose and still walk away happy; its somethin I particularly struggle with. anyways gl in oct

PrimordialAA said...

thanks man :), I was looking for you to ask you as one of the first to buy a %, but you wernt' around and I only had 1 day to sell action :(. I was CL allll day 1 and day 2 until the very end, went into final 18 as CL (18 was ITM), and busted 16th for the most outer money... was just really awful and i'm pretty dissapointed, but overall I played a GREATTT tournament and really feel super comfortable in live MTTs. Thanks for the good wishes , talk to you soon =]

Ryan said...

Very good poker portion of post, makes very good sense and that is great advice for even the most advanced player.

As for your economy comment... not quite out of the woods yet, eh?

Down -800ish today, still downswinging :(

Maybe we can teach the dudes on wall street to smile at the end of a day like this?

Ryan said...

Meant to say "Dow down 800 today," if people don't understand what I meant. I type like english is my 3rd language.